Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Saw Jesus!

Ok here goes.....He didn't simply walk towards me, He strutted with a walk that said, "I am the King of the World!" Tall, regal, upright posture with an assuredness that defies logic. Powerful and bold, yet humble and kind, He came into the room...

And stood in the far left corner. It was roundabout 3:20am. I was awoken by a hissing sound, almost like a gushing wind that engulfed the room. I woke slowly making sure I was aware of what was going on around me. The room was filled with light, a light that seemed to envelop my soul as well. I sensed the aroma of power, like a sweet scent of love ... and peace, yet power and might. I realised that there was someone else in the room besides myself. As I turned to my left, there HE was!

It was spell binding and oh so glorious! My spirit was cartwheeling and somersaulting in jubilation. I got the sense that these two knew each other. Thats when I realised that we are not our bodies, definetly not! Because my body didn't react but my spirit danced before it's owner! It was magical.......then He spoke.....

I have been asked the question by Andrew Longworth, a childhood friend from way back in Sunningdale, what colour He was. Whilst I dont want to make that a centrepiece of this discourse, I also have the responsibility to answer it. He was brown/black, almost an Ethiopian shade/Somalian tan. From the moment that my spirit sensed Him walking down an L-shape corridor of the Libertas Grande Clinic in Goodwood, it simply knew that He was coming to see me. This incident didnt happen by chance though as I had spent the previous 6 months in fervent prayer. Two hours each evening, two hours each morning, saturating myself with the written, visual and audio gospel to the point that I shut off literraly from the world and it's doings. No news, no TV, no newspapers, just the fervent application of prayer as I needed a miracle to reverse a situation I found myself in. May I at this point state that I have never been an overly religious person. Church was for Sundays, Christmas and funerals. That's how I lived. But then I met Mervyn Hennesey, and my life would never be the same again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment