Sunday, December 18, 2011

Facebook Mess Up

For all it's virtues, Facebook is putrid when it comes to customer service or particularly, password recovery issues. So someone tries to hack my account for Lord knows what, then when I try to log in I am told that I am not me coz I tried to log on earlier and didn't know my password, so my account was temporarily blocked so I could prove beyond a doubt that I am me.

Problem is, the e-mail adress I used when opening the account a few years back doesn't exist no more. 24.com just woke up one day and decided that's it. Another case of very bad customer service, buy thats one for another day. So now I had a blocked account with an obsolete e-mail adress. I then changed my e-mail adress and all seemed well, until the recovery code that was supposedly sent to me, failed to arrive at my changed e-mail addy. So now with no recovery code, an obsolete e-mail addy and a blocked account, I couldn't dispense my weekly vitriol on whatever subject matter I took a fancy too! Heck, there is no greater frustration than a prophet with no voice!

So this whole past week I am unblocking and waiting for the required 24 hour change so i can log on, but nada, I have had to change my password about 5 times, open up new e-mail adreses and have gotten lost in the maze of secret codes. Still, 2 weeks later, I was told to check in 24 hours. Incredibly bad!

But then again, I do understand that I am one in 500 million clamouring for attention and this is a free service anyway, so I will be back tomorrow, to see if I can log in to my account. If not, I shudder to think how my fans will be brainwashed by pseudo-experts and armchair historians, undoing all the great work I have convinced myself I am doing. I kid you not, Facebook is useless when it coms to keeping a bona fide historian and master of all things virtuous on air. Lol


11

2 comments:

  1. "laugh out loud" - got a good ole laugh out of this one. At least it illustrates all that pent up frustrations. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, nice to see you overhere!

    ReplyDelete